linux bridging vlans?

re

can somebody tell me what am I doing wrong (at this late night hour),
because vlan are not getting bridged at all.

   ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up
   ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0 up
   brctl addbr br0
   brctl addif br0 eth0
   brctl addif br0 eth1
   ifconfig br0 up
   vconfig add br0 X
   vconfig add br0 Y

X = vlan-ID (example: 222)
Y = vlan ID (example: 223)

 # brctl show
   br0             8000.00001a1a4c74       no              eth0
                                                          eth1

 # cat /proc/net/vlan/config
  VLAN Dev name    | VLAN ID
  Name-Type: VLAN_NAME_TYPE_RAW_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD
  br0.X       | X  | br0
  br0.Y       | Y  | br0

dmesg shows that:
br0: port 2(eth1) entering learning state
br0: port 1(eth0) entering learning state
br0: topology change detected, propagating
br0: port 2(eth1) entering forwarding state
br0: topology change detected, propagating
br0: port 1(eth0) entering forwarding state

but still no data is forwarded from one interface to another? Is there
any sysctl stuff, that I need to set up like 'ip_forwarding' when doing
routing? Is there something bridging parameter for forwarding or am I
misconfigured things above?

thanks and regards,
 Andraz