Re: Load-banancing. two ip's from one isp

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 19:55 +0200, sAwAr wrote:

> > Ignore it, it's not what you need or want.
>
> Why not ??

Does it work? No, that's why ;)

>  It is about two diferent isp and I have only on but I have two nic's
> with diferent nets it is just like two ISP in the example. I need
> (want to) split outgoing connections through two gw so I don't
> understand why this solution isn't for me.

Are you trying to do one gateway or two? If two, routing different
networks to different gateways. That is totally different. I am doing
that now, but it's all done via tables and rules.

For multipath routing, the nano how to is the definitive doc.

> If you have access to serwer with load balancing could you just make
> similar test for me.

I do not any more, but still recall what I did that worked in did not. I
went through just about every scenario imaginable. But it seems you are
talking about two things.

Two ISP's two gateways? Or Two ISP's on gateway via multipath?

> Thank you for quick answerss and patinent for my english.

No worries. Others helped me before. Just returning the favor. Please do
the same once you get things working.

> Pozdrawiam
> Szymon Mroofka
>
> P.S
> I've read your faq.
> I'm argueing with routing guru... ohh my ;)

Don't argue or assume. Just follow the examples and docs. It's tricky
stuff. Unfortunately there are lots of docs that do things a bit
differently. Which does not help matters at all.

For multipath gateway routing I recommend the nano how to only. If you
are using two gateway's two ISPs totally different scenario. That I am
doing now. Multipath gateway I am not at this moment. But since I just
switched back to my core router being Linux, and ditched all others.
Once I get another line, or static IP's for my cable modem. I will do it
again.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.