Re: Load-banancing. two ip's from one isp

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 09:59 -0500, Kirk Reiser wrote:

> This has not been my experience.  Packets which have been de'DNATed
> seem to go out the default route not the interface they came in on.

Somethings is not setup correctly then. Outgoing packets should use the
same interface as incoming packets either SNAT or DNAT. If it is not,
then that's because rules and tables are not setup properly.

> If they did most of my problems would go away.

Sure that's a nasty way of load balancing. Which will cause multiple
problems. Since you can't flush the clients catch easily and they will
still have a route in their cache to the first interface/isp. Despite
the response coming from the other.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.