Re: Load-banancing. two ip's from one isp

"William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 11:27 +0200, sAwAr wrote:
> > But why this is happen? In my opinion there is still some bug because
> > the gw should change in each "hop" like the src adress is changing.
>
> Well the request goes back out the interface it came in. If the request
> was initiated from the outside. If it's initiated from the inside and
> there is nothing in cache. Then each time it tries to send something
> out, form the inside. It should use a different gateway.

This has not been my experience.  Packets which have been de'DNATed
seem to go out the default route not the interface they came in on.
If they did most of my problems would go away.

  Kirk

e-mail: kirk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx		University of Western Ontario
phone: (519) 661-3061