Re: Swap size

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 19:19 +0200, Tomas Simonaitis wrote:
> I agree, 1-2GB of swap is good choice from my experience.
> I don't think you should run without swap at all - there usually is something
> OS can push to swap and free some ram.

Well it can't hurt in the sense that it's not like hard drive space is
limited these days. Or unused swapping causing any harm.

However if you start swapping more than 128MB or 256MB it's more than
likely going to be noticeable. More so for the intended application and
goal.

Thus it might be a good idea to have 512MB-1GB of swap. But as soon as
you see >50MB or swap being used, or any noticeable use of swap. You
will want to either get more ram, or make software adjustments. IMHO

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.