Re: firewall problem

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 17:49 +0200, Erez D wrote:

> coming to think of it, only one outgoing link was nat. could this be
> the problem ?

Very possible. I know it was a requirement of the time. Very well could
be what's holding you back from load balancing.

> source routing work well
> i wanted to connect all my company to link1 (default)
> internet via the other link - redirected all web to a proxy on the link2 network
>
> however, i wanted one computer to go via link2 (source routing)
> and all my sip traffic also via link2 (mark them via iptables, then use fwmark)

Ah so a particular service period on any net, interface you want to use
a particular link. Make sense.

> the actual problem i reffer to is sip traffic : my SIP box
> (192.168.0.20) connects to my
> home computer via the internet.
> on the way, my company's firewall marks the packet with fwmark
> and 'ip rule' routes all packets with this fwmark to table2
> table2 has a default route via link2 isp.
>
> also the POSTROUTING chain has a SNAT rule on ppp0 which is link2' interface
>
> but the packet outgoing via ppp0 has 192.168.0.20 as source ip
> other packets travaersing via ppp0 - for them snat works.
>
> so it is somthing to do with ip rule and so

Not sure I am clear with the problem, but rules are traversed in order.
So if your source rule is before your fwmark rule, it's going to use the
one before the other. But pretty sure I am missing the problem.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.