failover routing

Hi Guys,

I would just like to have advice and pointers of the best way would be,
Someting like BGP or OSPF?

I have 2 internet connections at diffrent locations. let say connection
A and B

1.) router A has a fast internet connection and a seperate interface for
clients using /lan/pppoe/ipsec etc  and another ethernet interface going
to router B

2.) router B has similiar setup as router A and also a seperate ether
interface for clients and one going to router A

3.) all clients gets masqueraded as there is limited amount of internet
routable ips

Now my first thought was to write some perl/bash scripts to just ping
your internet gateway address of Router A and if its down, just change
your default route to router B and everyone and vice versa and u  can
still get access.
This way for me is not very clean though as Im the one writing the
scripts as something like zebra might do this perfectly?
just a basic idea of what my setup is. What would be my best way of
doing this.?

--
                        __   _