QOS server droping packets 4% loss

Hi all,

I have a problem with htb and wonder if anybody has encountered this.
On my LAN I have more than 1000 clients, and I am using htb to shape the incoming trafic. The problem is that I am experiencing packet loss (about 4%) in the qos server.  The server is droping packets even if my trafic is relatively moderate.

I tried everithing estimator, senting the quantum etc etc but it doesn't seem to improve.

my script is relatively simple:

tc qdisc del dev eth0 root
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 10

#root class
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:1 htb rate 50000kbit ceil 50000kbit
#default class
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 512kbit ceil 512kbit

#and each client IP has a class asocieted
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:$COUNTER htb rate 5kbit ceil 400kbit
tc filter add dev eth0protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 2 u32 match ip dst $IP flowid 1:$COUNTER
# and counter increments by 1 for each rule added

What could I do ? Are there some kernel parameters that I could modify in order to obtain a better performance ?
Thanks