From: lartc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:lartc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ethy H. Brito
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 8:09 AM
To: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  nat table remenbering nat's

Dear All

Why NAT rules stays valid even if I flush nat anf table chains??

I have:

iptables -P FORWARD DROP
iptables -A FORWARD  -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED  -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -s SOME_IP -d SOME_BCP_5_IP --dport 1234 -j ACCEPT
iptables -i nat -A PREROUTING -s SOME_IP -d MY_INTERNET_IP \\
          --dport 1234 -j DNAT --to-destination SOME_BCP_5_IP

The conection is established and the data is flowing normaly.
Suddenly I decide to not authorize this data flow anymore. So I

iptables -t nat -F PREROUTING
iptables -F FORWARD

For my surprise the data flow (observed with tcpdump) is still there!
It is like the state machine does not let go this data flow.

What to do to block this data flow??
Is there any way to flush the conntrack database?

Regards

--

Ethy H. Brito         /"\
InterNexo Ltda.       \ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML