Re: [OT?] MikroTik instead Linux ?

Witaj LinuXKiD,

W Twoim li?cie datowanym 2 stycznia 2006 (05:04:04) mo¿na przeczytaæ:

> [Off topic ?]

> Somebody can help me to convince some people
> to use Linux instead MikroTik ????

MikroTik IS A Linux :) (prev. release was using kernel 2.4.14)

But when I needed to make an access points and wireless bridges,
I've created my own distro instead buying MikroTik. It took almost
1 day (starting from bare bering-uclibc) to do, and I have
full control over it. Since then we have over 10 wireless p2p and p2mp
connections with uptime more than 50 days each.

So, if you Have a qualified person to make that solution for you -
Linux gives you more control,
If not - Mikrotik is ready to go out of the box.

> Happy new year.

> Andres.

Pozdrowienia,
 Robert Kurjata