Re: HTB - prio and rate

On Sunday 04 December 2005 03:32, Jeffrey B. Ferland wrote:
> Quick question I've been trying to figure out myself without success:
> can I attach a qdisc to a qdisc instead of a qdisc to a class? Be
> nice to chain a few qdiscs together...

Dunno. I've always only attached QDiscs to classes. Even QDiscs that don't
come with such a class tree structure like HTB do have classes, for
example in PRIO qdisc, the prio bands of the QDisc are actually classes
that are created automatically and you can attach another QDisc to them.

What kind of QDisc chain were you thinking of?

Regards,
Andreas Klauer