Re: [Bulk] Re: has anyone tried adsl-optmizer kernel patches for dsl modems?

Andy Furniss wrote:

Markus Schulz wrote:

should be easy to patch in. Overhead is only a simple variable which will be added in htb/* module for each paket. Only sign/unsign problem should be considered.

Yep - you just need to be aware of it and I can't recall it being mentioned in the thesis - I have only tested on 2.6 kernels.

I'm sorry, but that does not seem such simple.
In pppoa (ppp over aal5), the packets are atm cell aligned, so the overhead depends on the packet size. It is not linear at all.