Diffserv Research Network

Hi all,

We are a group of research students and working on IPv6 QoS aware Grid.
>From our set of experiments we have a particular case:

Suppose a host A want to initiate traffic of some kind to host B, where A
and B are connected by two intermediate routers wherein there can be other
connections from the router.

Our needs are as follows
1.    We assume that routers are Diffserv routers and provide us QoS but we
will also assume that routers are not in our network boundaries.

2.    The network will be working as Best Effort network until our
application requests required end to end QoS.

3.    Our application negotiates the QoS requirements and then network sets
it up for us dynamically.

Since we do not have any restrictions and we can also assume that routers
are in our domain in case some disagrees over end to end QoS in Internet
scenario.

We want to setup this research network environment
I would like to know

1. How can we build such Diffserv routers which can understand and provide
us QoS (Signaling?)(We have experience of statically setting up QoS network
environment using with tc scripts)

2. How can we use negotiate dynamically setting up of QoS?

3. The concept of Active networks where store and forward networks are
transformed to store-compute and forward networks proposes that packets
carry executable code with their data payload and its executed at designated
active nodes. So is it possible to have routers as active nodes for the
traffic from an authenticated sender? But then is it possible in core
Internet routers?  If not then what can be possible solutions and if yes how
does one go about it?

In case you are interested we have a Thesis report for previous work which
can be accessed here
http://discovery/gridone/Piyush-Gupta-Revised-Final-Report-Dissertatyon-Oct-
2005.pdf

Thanks in advance.