Again: Re: MSN keeps disconnecting with load balancing (fwd)

This 'MSN' is a web site? Im guessing it 'refresh'es every 5 minutes or so.

They are proably testing cookies against the ip address they appear to be comming from. This is horribly wreckless of them if they arnt offering IPv6. Are they? They only way i have to remedy this problem is to get their IP range and bind it to the most stable connexion you have, defeating the load-balancing, almost, sorta, oh well...

You can TRY sending to MSN up either pipe but using the same src address in both cases. some ISPs are really mean/useless and wont let you send from you own addresses if you dont lease them from the ISP. boo. this will ofcourse still bring the content all down one pipe still... upstream load balancing restored, downstream still skewed....

OR break the clients into two groups, those using pipe1 by default, those using pipe2 by default when talking to MSN. As long as both connextions stay up no one complains, if one goes down, half of them complain 'i got logged off'.

Im sure you can rig a proxy on each upstream feed that conducts the signin process for them everytime. so much work...

oh well best of luck.