Re: Latency/burst problem with HTB

DervishD wrote:
> If I add this as you suggest then it will have the same priority that
> general traffic.

It doesn't if you lower general traffic to prio 1 and ftp traffic to
prio 2, as I'm sure I said somewhere in my other email.

> Would it be because it will go out of the queue *even before* than
> general ADSL traffic? I think that's the reason, right?

Yes, that's the idea.

Now the only thing left to do is to lower the total rate and ceil to
16kbit below the ADSL upload cap (again, read the wondershaper
documentation to understand why.)  Just substitute 240kbit for 256kbit
throughout the script and adjust the other rates accordingly:

... classid 1:2  htb rate 240kbit ceil 240kbit
... classid 1:20 htb rate   4kbit ceil 240kbit prio 0
... classid 1:21 htb rate 172kbit ceil 240kbit prio 1
... classid 1:22 htb rate  64kbit ceil 175kbit prio 2

By the way, I wouldn't use the burst option.

Toby

--
UNIX is a lever for the intellect.
			-John R. Mashey