Re: Open Source Project "Q*Box" Launched

Ron Senykoff wrote:
> MRTG and Cricket look to be much lighter weight. Do you have
> experience with which one would require less CPU?

I think that a SNMP daemon would require the least CPU, letting the user
do his own graphing using MRTG, Cricket or any other product he might
already be using to monitor other appliances.

Otherwise, if you want to include graphs in your web interface, MRTG and
Cricket consume pretty much the same (usually negligible) CPU, as they
both use RRDTool as a backend to collect and graph data.

Toby

--
UNIX is a lever for the intellect.
			-John R. Mashey