Re: Differentiating between http downloads and interactive traffic

I don't know how you really can differ between them. But I guess easy way would be using HTB burst. So the first (small?) packets get a high bandwidth immediately trough burst settings. If more data is requested,
it will be slown down to defined ceil bandwidth.

Cheers,
Andreas

Paul J. Smith wrote:

Hi,

I’ve been wondering if anyone has thought of a way to differentiate between an established http download and interactive http traffic? I would like to give interactive http traffic priority over someone downloading large files.

Has anyone any ideas how to detect packets that are part of a download like this?

Thanks.