Re: HFSC Advanced Limiting

Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet wrote:
Thank you for your response.

I do know how to shape a specific direction of traffic. Given that I am the ISP sitting between the customer and the Internet, it is trivial for me to shape both directions.

I think the point Jason was making is that you are shaping from the wrong end of the bottleneck if you shape traffic from your customers.

If their link speed to you is high and you shape to well below it then it won't be too bad, but the point stands that it is not the same as when shaping from the "right" end of the bottleneck, especially WRT latency and jitter.

Andy.