Re: HOWTO unmaintained?

Hi

All my previous mails didnt seem to get through. :)

So next try.

On Sa, Aug 20, 2005 at 01:17:20 +0200, Riccardo Losselli wrote:
> >i am totally pro refreshing the lartc howto. and wiki is a great idea
> Me too. i'm not active on the list but i want to contribute back...
> Some time ago i had the same frustation many of you had on the how-to, i
> was using it for some students and wanted to translate it in italian and
> then send back the results, but got no response.
> I do not read the list on a regular basis, but if you want to count my
> help, i'm here (cc in private mail for direct request helps speeding my
> reply =)
I'm all for the wiki along with the document. So you have a fine
rockstable document and a wiki with experiences from the users or
examples for new features which are experiemental or somesuch.

I would basically volunteer to take over the howto, try to manage
translations, perhaps even add some content, though it would be better
to leave that to people with more expierences.

I will not have too much time until january for this task, but after
that I will return to my regular study life, which leaves a time slot
here and there, you know... :-)

What would be crucial for the further document existence:
- CVS with translations (and people who contribute)
- Wiki
- regular updates (I would try my best)
- Some kind of moderation/testing system in order to get new features
  into the howto (there's something in my mind, which I cannot get into
  words as my time is just somewhat limited, but the idea is fine

So, if the old developers are willing to give it up and noone with
more time steps in between, I hereby offer my time to maintain the
HOWTO.

Regards, Alexander