Re: Hardware Configuration Ideas

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:18:47 -0500 "Taylor, Grant" <gtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Um, the DFE-530TX+ is a (rebranded) Realtek8139 chipset card so I would expect
>that the performance would be comparable to the Realtek cards.
I don't have one here, but I vaguely remember they use a different kernel module
(8139too vs. via-rhine) so I think it's a different chipset. I only mentioned
them because some time in distant past I solved some performance problems by
switching from from 8139 to the dlink, and the dlink costs less than a half of
entry-level 3com.

--
http://www.shurdix.org - Linux distribution for routers and firewalls