Re: Hardware Configuration Ideas

Also,

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:38:06 -0500 "Taylor, Grant" <gtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>+If you are not doing much in the way if *VERY* *ADVANCED*
>+firewalling, just basic source and / or destination IP v
>alidation and / or source and / or destination port validation will not need
>+much of a processor.  In fact I'd try it with a 500 MHz to 1 GHz system, what
>+ever is the most economical that you can get your hands on.
Yes. In fact most cases of "advanced" firewalling only mean that you have a
stupid fw-design, like hundreds/thousands of rules in one chain :-). Usually can
be optimised by using sub-chains, ipset and/or ipt_ACCOUNT.

Yours sincerely,
Peter

--
http://www.shurdix.org - Linux distribution for routers and firewalls