Re: Problem with HTB and ceil

Andreas Klauer <Andreas.Klauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Yes. The only rules for the ceil should be that it's the same or bigger
> than the rate, and that it does not exceed the parent's ceil.

Thanks for the info. Its not clearly enough stated in the HTB "manual".

> > ## non voip
> > /sbin/tc class add dev $EXTIF parent 1:002 classid 1:101 htb rate
> > 364kbit ceil 364 prio 1
>                   ^ Unit is missing, might cause problems.

Yeah, I messed copy+paste again.

> This time, the sum is lower than the parent. This is not nearly as bad as
> having a too high sum; together with the prio it can even make sense if
> it's intentional. I'm just commenting because you should be aware of it,
> that's all. If this was my script, I'd add a comment explaining as to why
> it is done this way.

Thanks for your comment. From my understanding, I dont rely too much on the
exact minimum bitrate, as long as the prios are obeyed by the packets. Thats
why I also dont need the sum of the min bitrates to be exactly the parental
bitrate, if I understand it correctly the remaining abdnwidth after all minimum
requirements have been fullfilled will be spread proportionally according to the
allocations. So, for me its fine if the proportion would be kept. Anyhow, in
this special case this doesnt matter at all, cause I would like to have
priorized traff.

I think I will start a new thread as the original problem why I started this
thread is solved. And then I will make sure I post my original script with
comments etc.

nik