Re: Default source address

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 11:19:33AM +0200, Sebastian Spies wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm using vpnc to connect to a vpn.
> The VPN-GW wants me to use him as a default route. So I used
> source-routing to differ between my physical ethernet and the tunnel:

> ip rule add from w.x.y.z table 20
> ip route add default via tun0 table 20

> Everything works fine, as I have a client to set my inet4-srcaddress.

> My question is: Is there a way, to tell linux which is my default
> sourceaddress?

It should use the primary address of the interface the routing table
picks to send the data out of. If you've managed to get multiple primary
addresses, it picks the lowest one, numerically, I believe.

Otherwise you have to bind your side of the socket to an address, and
it should use that.

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, on an alternate email client.