Re: Frustrating problem with natsemi (DP83815) ethernet devices

Hi.

Damjan wrote:
> Now about the problem:
> The network interfaces seem to NOT transmit anything when the interface
> is autonegotiated at 100Mbit-FD. I've forced the interfaces to
> half-duplex with mii-tool still nothing.

Several questions...
Is it really absolutely the same kernel on both distros? Which one is
it? Did you try another cable? Did you try another switch? Did you try a
 cross-cable to connect two of the four interfaces on the same host?

NSC brought out a completely new driver some weeks ago, which can be
found here:
http://www.national.com/appinfo/networks/files/dp8381x_linux_ver_1.0.tgz

In case you've a 2.4 kernel let me know, I have yet another driver you
could try out.

Bye, Mike