HTB and bittorrent, won't work

Hello,

I've been trying to shape the bittorrent traffic (on my external interface,
upload), but without luck, for this I'm using layer7 filter right now, but
I've also tried ipp2p, with the same results, I might say that this is not a
problem with this packet classifiers, the problem is with HTB, here's why.
When I open azureus (the bittorrent client I use) I see upload traffic
getting shapped, but also I see that my download traffic won't go up if I'm
shaping on the upload interface, if I stop shaping on that interface then
upload ( as expected) will increase, and so the download rate, this happens
to me using the default bittorrent client (classic), so its not a client
problem. Ok, the problem here is that when using bittorrent, although I see
the traffic is shaped I can't surf web pages, nor chat in msn messenger, nor
do anything at all, and merely that's all I want to do, shape p2p traffic to
be able to use my bandwidth fairly, maybe its a bittorrent problem, because
with the edonkey protocol I have no problem at all, traffic get shaped and I
can use the rest of my bandwidth, I'll post my iptables rules for marking the
bittorrent packets and the htb rules I use (using tcng):

### IPTABLES RULES ###
iptables -t mangle -F
iptables -t mangle -X
iptables -t mangle -N lay7
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -j lay7
iptables -t mangle -A lay7 -m layer7 --l7proto bittorrent -j MARK --set-mark 1
iptables -t mangle -A lay7 -o eth1 -m mark --mark 1 -j CLASSIFY --set-class
2:2
iptables -t mangle -A lay7 -m layer7 --l7proto smtp -j MARK --set-mark 2
iptables -t mangle -A lay7 -o eth1 -m mark --mark 2 -j CLASSIFY --set-class
2:3

### HTB RULES ###

#define UPLOAD eth1
#define UPRATE 25kBps
#define P2P 10kBps

dev UPLOAD {
  egress {
    class ( <$emule> ) ;
    class ( <$smtp> ) ;
    class ( <$ssh> ) if tcp_dport == 8080 ; /*Changed port from 22 to 8080 */
    class ( <$otro> ) if 1 ;

    htb () {
      class ( rate UPRATE, ceil UPRATE ) {
        $emule = class ( prio 8, rate 6kBps, ceil P2P ) { sfq; } ;
        $smtp = class ( prio 1, rate 6kBps, ceil 12kBps ) { sfq; } ;
        $ssh = class ( prio 0, rate 3kBps, ceil 5kBps) { sfq; } ;
        $otro = class ( prio 1, rate 8kBps, ceil UPRATE ) { sfq; } ;
      }
    }
  }
}

Also, given the priorities it's expected to let me surf the web or chat in msn
messenger rather than take my whole bandwidth.

I hope someone can help me out with this, maybe it not ok to use tcng with
iptables? thank you in advance

EDGAR MERINO