Re: Help? Router/Bandwidth throttle needed.

rsenykoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:
>>Here's a 'map' of my network 'plan':
>>
>>+-------+   +--------+          +-------+
>>| Dumb  |   | Linux  |          | Linux |
>>| Cable +---+ Bridge +----+-----+ DHCP/ +----> Bunch of workstations
>>| Modem |   | w/ QoS |    |     | NAT   |      on 192.168.10.X
>>+-------+   +--------+    |     +-------+
>>X.X.X.62    Eth0 X.X.X.61 |     Eth0 X.X.X.57
>>            Eth1 ???      |     Eth1 192.168.10.1
>>                      +-----> 3 more servers:  X.X.X.58->60
> [...]
> The script does assume that the NICs are eth0 and eth1. Change if needed.
> You should make a note of which NIC goes which way (using MAC address is
> good) and label on the back. This will come in handy as your upload is not
> the same as your download.

Using ifrename to name your interfaces according to the function they have
is very much recommended. That way you never have to remember which
interface is the one you want to access. I use names like bridgeext for
eth0 and bridgeint for eth1.

Another recommendation for bridging is to use a separate interface for
administration and to assign no IP to br0/bridgeext/bridgeint. That way
the machine will still be accessible even if STP and friends go crazy
on the bridged nics.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--