RE: Help? Router/Bandwidth throttle needed.

The webpage was helpful in some ways, but I think it is a step too advanced
for me at this time.

I guess what I want to know is if the 'plan' I have is sound?

I want to put a linux box between my cable modem and my lan.  It'll go from
the cablemodem into eth0 then from eth1 to the LAN.

I just want to do complete passthrough (with packets intact) if possible
from one side to the other.  This machine doesn't have to do NAT or
anything.

Then I want to throttle the bandwidth through that box intelligently (I kind
of know how to do that from the Advanced Routing Howto.  I've done it on the
other three servers to throttle the bandwidth down).

Once all that is working, I'll deal with using iptables to firewall.

If this plan is sound, I guess I need to know the vague steps involved to
accomplish the routing.  The throttling I can figure out myself.

-Michael