Re: ADSL Calculator

Tobias Diedrich wrote:
Hi,

I've written a small javascript ADSL throughput calculator:
http://nukunuku.yamamaya.is-a-geek.org/~ranma/adsl.html

Feel free to submit alternative presets (I currently have presets
for three german telecom speed variants: T-DSL (1000|2000|3000),
derived from
http://www2.lancom.de/kb.nsf/5d445c701b3ff52dc1256e7700297e5c/27c6ee1c3e3f74b0c1256e94004a433e?OpenDocument).

Comments, suggestions, spelling nitpicks?

Looks good - one picky point - if your overhead means only 4 bytes padding at default mtu are needed, then reducing mtu to be "optimal" for IP and above levels may be less efficient from the point of view of the tcp data because of the reduced payload vs fixed overheads.

I haven't done the maths on that :-)

Andy.