MasterShaper

Hello

After some weeks of development, this is my first public announcement of a web-based traffic shaping solution with the melodious name MasterShaper. The project is licensed under GPL 2.

It's goal is to make traffic shaping possible for users who know about networking and the traffic shaping capabilities, but have not much experience with Linux and and the difficult tc syntax.

It is using PHP and MySQL database to "control" the tc utility. According to its configuration it will
export the necessary tc rules and load them.

Further more it provides a lightweight monitoring feature. Provided with statistic data from the tc utility, it creates some graphs around the current bandwidth usage (with the help of jpgraph).

On system level it uses HTB and SFQ for shaping and queuing. I currently set on IMQ to get the possibility to shape inbound and outbound traffic - so you will see, that the MasterShaper orientate
itself on IMQ usage.

You can find more information about this projects on the webpage http://shaper.netshadow.at
There you will find a demo system and a first version of an documentation.

I hope this project finds general approval and I am open for any suggestions.

Thanks to Andy Furniss who took a first look on the generated tc rules.

Cheers,
Andreas

PS: If somebody is interested to help me to extended MasterShapers features, please contact me
(PHP and/or tc skills needed).