Re: htb: HowTo identify squid cache hits

Peter Kaagman wrote:

But there is of course a src of packages I do not catch this way... and
these are the squid cache hits. Because I filter on destination the cache
hits get treated the same as cache misses. But cache hits are in effect
local traffic... they do not originate from the Internet.

If squid is running on the same machine as your htb rules then (I think) the only way you can shape incoming traffic from the internet properly is to use imq.

I have not used squid - so may be wrong, but the patches will let you classify hits so they can be let through at lan speed. But what about misses - I assume that squid will connect to the internet and fetch the data unlimited even if they then get served to the lan at restricted speed.

Andy.