Re: Routing inside box, is it posible ?

For anyone to answer that clearly, we'd need a bit
more information.

Firstly, what is connected to router1 and router2? In
other words, does the router box you want to use have
enough ports (and of the right type) to actually
handle all of the connections?

Secondly, can we assume that you have enough access to
the box you want to use to be able to install the
software and configure it? (This may sound an obvious
question, but you'd be amazed how many people don't
think of things like that.)

Thirdly, are there any performance constraints? In
other words, moving networks from router2 to router1
may impact router1's performance, as it now has to
directly process any routing protocols from all
subnets router2 listened to, and search a potentially
longer and more complex routing table.

Now, if it's a "trivial" network - router1 only
connects to two other devices - the outside network
and router2, and router2 likewise connects only to two
devices - router1 and the inside network, then you can
certainly drop one of the two routers. (In fact, in
such a simple network, you could probably have a
trivial computational device with a static routing
table. Dynamic routing isn't needed, if nothing
changes. Some switches support basic routing, and a
switch would offer much less latency than a router.)