Re: four tc filter and netem questions

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Robert Siemer wrote:

Second a "tc filter add" can get translated to a bunch of "low level"
filter rules. E.g. a human readable u32 filter ends up as 3 rules
forming a little hash table network.

Where is this documented? How should one interpret the multiple "low level" entries correctly? Any idea why I was having a problem recreating the filter after deleting it, until I deleted and recreated the parent qdisc?

Finally, when using netem `tc qdisc ls` always shows a duplicate value of
around %75, even when I don't set it, and setting the duplicate value seems
to have no effect. Is this a header mismatch between the kernel and
userland?

Don't understand that question. Show us the "tc qdisc ls" output...

# tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: netem # tc qdisc ls qdisc netem 1: dev eth0 limit 1000 duplicate 76.388% # tc qdisc del dev eth0 root # tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: netem duplicate 10% # tc qdisc ls qdisc netem 1: dev eth0 limit 1000 duplicate 76.6335% # tc qdisc del dev eth0 root # tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: netem duplicate 100% # tc qdisc ls qdisc netem 1: dev eth0 limit 1000 duplicate 76.169% # tc qdisc ls qdisc netem 1: dev eth0 limit 1000 duplicate 76.0071% # tc qdisc ls qdisc netem 1: dev eth0 limit 1000 duplicate 76.3702% #

In all cases, no actual packet duplication occurs for packets passing through the qdisc. All other features of netem work as expected.

			Alexey