Re: Strange HFSC behavior - bug? my misconfiguration/lack of knowledge?

Marcin Kałuża wrote:
Hi
I'm moving to hfcs (mostly succesfuly:) ), but I've encountered a strange problem: When I download something from this server using wget (one thread) via an idle uplink, I get no more than 130 kbit/s, and when I'm using prozilla (or start more wgets), I get about 200 kbit, but still it's not all the link can do (240) - the rest remamins unused. Is this my fault or the qdisc? (I must tell that htb works fine - I get all the bandwidth I can no matter how many threads I use)

I enclose my config below

$uplink=240kbit

This should be uplink=240kbit.

As you use imq and haven't shown the other rules I can't tell if everythings going to the right places - can you see everythings going to the right place with

tc -s class ls dev imq0.

Depending on kernel version some people have had problems with imq.

The hfsc parts of the script ratelimited accuratly for me.

Andy.