Re: Equal bandwidth for any client

Hi,
If you are running brctl tool on the linux box then there is a command that will automatically determine the number of MAC addresses in the network

#brctl showmacs <bridge name> <port number of ur lan interfce>  grep -v -w port | wc -l
Ex:
#brctl showmacs abcd 1 grep -v -w port | wc -l

Note that, for this to work your box should be confogurred as a bridge in promiscuous mode....
I use this method to automatically determine the number of MAC addresses in my LAN..
Use this in combination with crontab to do the job......
Hope, this helps.....

Regards
KartheeK