Re: Starting from scratch w/ multiple uplinks

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 04:06:12PM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 20:11 +0200, Markus Schulz wrote:
> > Am Montag, 9. Mai 2005 16:05 schrieb Rafael A Barrero:
> > > Hi guys;
> > >
> > [...]
> > > Here's what I want to know:
> > > 1. Does an updated guide exist for multiple providers?
> >
> > Look at this howto: http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/nano.txt
>
> Indeed, and herein contains the patched needed to a kernel for it to
> route packets with a given NATted source address out the right
> interface.  Not sure which patch(es) exactly in there do it if not all
> of them are really needed for just that functionality.

I haven't pacthed mine and it seems to work, using a debian 2.6.11-3
source package.

What i have done is setup a set of files in
/var/run/multigw{,.dev,.gw,.ip,.speed}, this are feed from scripts in
/etc/ppp/ip-{up.d,down.d}/adsl - this populates the files with valid
numbers when the line goes up or deletes the control file when going
down.  This scripts also run my multigw.sh which setups routes and ip
rules as well - also setups up the SNAT rules are well, I have attached
the script