Re: mailling list newbie question

This is the problem.  I see it happening in my logfiles.
I sent the list maintainer a couple of mails about this
about 6 weeks ago, but never heard anything back.  I've
just resigned myself to reenabling my account every 2-3
weeks...

Henk

Joe Nuts wrote:
My guess is that the problem is related to mail servers that 'bounce'
back emails that have virus attachments. I get the notifications about
once a month it seems.
I assume that someone is sending an email with a virus attachment to
the list, the list tries to send the email to everyone (like it
should), some servers bounce it back to the sender (the list) for
having a virus attachment, and the list receives it as a bounce, and
adds it to a counter.
I might be completely off with this guess, but if that's the case, it
would seem to me that the only viable option is to put some logic in
the list 'bounce' engine to recognize an undeliverable bounce versus
an undeliverable due to a virus.
Just my thoughts.
-Joe