[OT] Shaping and squid question

List

Out of interest, I use transparent squid proxies for caching websites,
and I shape the clients that browse the net, this all works perfectly
so no questions in this regard...

CLIENT <--- eth0 ----> SQUID <----- ppp0 -----> NET

What I just realised was that all egress traffic on eth0 gets shaped,
squid gets data from ppp0 and hence is not shaped. Does this mean that
squid recieves the data at full speed and then struggles to pass the
data to the client who is shaped, thus becoming the bottle neck?

Just wondering if I should apply some ingress shaping specifically for
squid, to prevent squid from hogging all the bandwidth while
downloading a large file...

Thanks in advance

--

Kenneth Kalmer