Re: Fwd: HTB Weird Shaping Question(Bug?). Please Help!

Leo Huang wrote:

What you have said makes absolute sense to me. However, I only
"reserved" 136Kbit for the VoIP traffic, there are 44Kbit available
even we assume the 180Kbit is the maximum. Why doesn't HTB allocate
the 44Kbit to the class for ping traffic, which only require rate
4Kbit and 0.5 Kbit?

I don't quite know what you mean here. If there was a queue of ICMP traffic then htb would give it 44kbit. If you want icmp times to be lower then there are things you can do like setting quantum size on htb leafs and setting a define - hysteris in the source code to 0, this makes it more accurate.

Andy.