Re: IP Tunneling

Hello
I have looked at SSH tunneling, but what I know I think that's not the
best solution for me. After some research, IPIP or GRE tunnel seems to fit
me best. But I don't find any good documentation, neither the LARTC howto
is brings up my problem.

I'd figured out that I will use iptunnel or similar to set up an
IPIP-tunnel, like:

iptunnel add dev tunl1 mode ipip local a.b.c.d remote e.f.g.h

and the same on the other side (just switching local and remote addresses)
to tunnel the public IP address e.f.g.h (on the /25-box) to tunl0 at
a.b.c.d (my public IP at home). But the connection betweeen me and the
remote host freezes, so I guess that's not enough. What more do I have to
do?

Is the ""freeze that you are talking about data through the tunnel or is it the initialization it's self? If it is the former, check to make sure that your firewall is not blocking traffic that would be flowing through the tunnel. Namely if your filter table FORWARD chain policy is set to DROP and you don't have an explicit allow for traffic flowing through the tunnel interface you will not be able to get things to work. I'll have to play with GRE / IPIP tunnels to see if I can offer any advice.

Grant. . . .