Re: IP Tunneling

phonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello
I have /25 addressed on a box (virtual devices on eth0) and I want to
tunnel some of these addresses to my home network. One address to my
gateway (a.b.c.d, external IP) and one address to my internal network
(192.168.0.0/24-style). I will use the tunnels for irc, smtp and surfing.
What protocol and which technique is easiest and best to use?

One more thing. I don't want to set up a bridge on eth0 at the /25-box
(like the OpenVPN-howto wants me to do). The configuration on that box
have to be intact if it's possible, apart from the addresses I will
tunnel.

Have you considered trying to get SSH to tunnel things for you? I don't know if this will meet your needs or not. If not you are looking at something like a GRE tunnel, IP-IP tunnel, PPTP tunnel, or IPSec tunnel. Save for SSH, all of these options are rather involved and complex to set up.

Grant. . . .