Re: IP2P & Skype question

On Monday 25 April 2005 16:33, Justin Schoeman wrote:
> In some cases, it is possible to block Skype, as the existing pattern
> seems to match an important, but not yet encrypted packet.

Okay. That's details about the protocol I have no clue about. If only one
packet can be matched, I'd probably try to squeeze as much information out
of this one as possible (source and destination address or whatever can be
obtained) and then shape using this criteria. If you're lucky, you know
this stuff beforehand, and can use static shaping/filter rules for that,
otherwise you'll have to whip up a more dynamic solution.

HTH
Andreas