Re: IP2P & Skype question

I don't think Skype works very well with any of these. I have tried the l7-filter pattern, with no luck.

Apparently, the big problem is that Skype traffic is encrypted, and so it is not possible to match it using fixed patterns.

In some cases, it is possible to block Skype, as the existing pattern seems to match an important, but not yet encrypted packet. Shaping is however not possible, as the matched packet makes up very little of the traffic.

-justin