To: lartc
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2005 4:34 PM
Subject: Spill over

List

I need some help, advice or just a starting point on the following situation:

Link A - 64kbps leased line
Link B - 512kbps ADSL line

Is it possible to have Link A saturated constantly and have the excess traffic "spill over" onto Link B? I know it's possible to have packets sent down links in a round-robin fashion and I've read in the howto on load sharing over multiple interfaces (http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.loadshare.html ), but I do not have control over the termination of the link at the ISP's (two different one as well). Also note that splitting different protocols over each of these links are not possible in our case.

Reason being, Link A is a more reliable and more expensive link, so I need to over-use it's capacity if it we're, and use the cheaper ADSL (link B) offering to keep al services running when the leased line (A) is saturated.

Any tips, suggestions and comments would be welcomed.

Regards

--

Kenneth Kalmer
kenneth.kalmer@xxxxxxxxx