Re: Immediately drop packet for default class ini htb

On Monday 25 April 2005 15:19, Daniel Harold L. wrote:
> How to immediately drop packet for default class in htb ? I`m using
> kernel 2.6.5+htb+imq ...
> I have to immediately drop packet that flow in default class because
> that class have queue length 1000 packets before dropping packet ... :((

Well, it all depends on how a packet ends up in your default class.
For example, if you use iptables for packet marking, you could let
iptables drop all packages that were not marked. This would be the
best way to go.

If that's not possible, you could probably try to attach another qdisc to
your default HTB class (leaf classes can be parents for qdiscs), which
then just drops all the packets flowing into it (any rate limiter set to a
very low rate should do). However, that's not a very clean solution, and
might cause other problems, I'm not sure ;-)

HTH
Andreas