Re: HTB stalling

the stalls might last as long as 5 seconds and when they happen, everything including a web browser stops working.

ill be back tuesday evening so then i'll try to look at my system.

On 4/24/05, Andy Furniss <andy.furniss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
Andy Furniss wrote:

> I'll have a go at shaping on eth and see if I can recreate it when I
> have time.

I tried and can't recreate it on my p200 with CPU as timer.

The test probably could have been better though - I just ran 7 netperfs
each shaped to its own class and tweaked the rates until I was using 98%
CPU. Played DoD with the netgraph all the way across the screen and
could notice nothing strange happening.

Is anyone who gets the stalls using CPU as timer?

The class my internet traffic went to had way more rate than it needed
and I had pfifos on the leaves.

Do the stalls literally last 2 seconds, should I be able to easily see
it just pinging or polling packet counts every second?

Andy

--
Miłego Dnia
Krystian Antoni