ABOUT "THE ULTIMATE TRAFFIC CONDITIONER"

Dear friends:

I was analizing the HTB script at "The ultimate
traffic conditioner", at the Cookbook, at Lartc.  I
have a very basic question:

First, it is defined the root htb qdisc, as expected;
then, it is defined the main (parent) htb class, with
the total uplink as rate, also as expected;  then,
they are defined 2 child clases:  first of them has
also the total uplink as rate (!) and second, has the
90% of the total uplink as rate (!).  So, sum of child
classes equals to 190% of the total uplink (and
parent) rate.

Why is this done that way??  I understand it goes
against basic (htb) shaping rules, and also, it seems
ilogical.  Wouldn't it be better to define rates, for
example, 90% for bulk traffic and 10% for interactive
traffic, both with 100% ceils (or only interactive) ??

I was looking for this answer for a long time, but it
seems nobody has asked this before.  Sorry if this
questions sound stupid or too basic.....

Thanks a Lot.

Ricardo.