Re: strange behaviour of qos

Ed Wildgoose wrote:

any idea what might be wrong ?

Yep, something is queuing somewhere...

Either your outbound setup allows too much outbound for the outbound connection (and if you use ADSL remember packets use more bandwidth than on ethernet). Or you aren't throttling your inbound connection enough and queuing is occuring on the ISP end of your link

Ed W

No, I really don't think so. The link itself is a 100%-CIR SDSL (for LANof 300+ machines). I've
set up ceil(up and down) to ~95% of real bandwidth.
It seems that classes exceed maximum rates (ceils) defined for them.
For example : p2p class has ceil of 2.5 mbits
When p2p traffic is not allowed to pass through bandwidth usage varies around 30%.
Afrer allowing p2p to pass bandwidth usage quickly rises to nearly 100%.
Is it possible to somehow isolate a class (as in cbq?) ?. In the archives I've
found something like this (let's say): '[...] rate 2500kbit ceil 2500kbit'. This should
produce something like isolated class , but for me it simply doesn't work.
I'd be very grateful for any suggestions / ideas ...

Ratel