RE: VOIP Challenges...

I've come to the conclusion that the following lines in my script are what
causes my errors:

# Ingress
tc qdisc add dev $DEV handle ffff: ingress

# VOIP
tc qdisc add dev $DEV parent ffff: protocol ip prio 90 handle 1 fw flowid :1

# Filter *everything* to it (0.0.0.0/0), drop whatever comes in too fast
tc filter add dev $DEV parent ffff: protocol ip prio 91 u32 match ip src \
        0.0.0.0/0 police rate $[80*$DOWNLINK/100]kbit burst 10k drop flowid
:1

Seems to be on the Ingress filter... Now, I'm not sure that my problems will
be magically solved when I fix this, but it's one more step on the magical
journey.  So, to that end, does anyone have an idea why these lines wouldn't
work?  I'm getting an error of:

Unknown qdisc "protocol", hence option "ip" is unparsable

If I re-run the script, then I get a whole lot of:

RTNETLINK answers: File exists

Along with a few:

We have and error talking to the kernel

But I'm sure that's not a big deal, because after an initial boot and
script-run, those errors aren't present.