RE: VOIP Challenges...

-----Original Message-----
From: lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ed Wildgoose
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 1:44 PM

Debug this first.  It's not hard to sit and watch the byte counters scroll
up.  If any traffic goes to queues that you don't expect then you know
something is wrong.

By the way, your other errors indicate that you don't have the correct
kernel modules loaded....

As I said though, my softphone on the PC kept going stuttery on the uplink
even though QOS was working. (And only the uplink, downlink was perfect).
With the hardware phone it's perfect even when the link is under stress.
I'm not sure exactly why, but I did notice that after a few mins the
softphone usually got it's act together so I suspect it's a default delay
thing which needs to get settled down to the level of jitter on the line....