Re: Load Balancer setting for Public Servers

Hi!

Sureerat P. (EQHO) wrote:
Hello,
I have finished setting up the load balancer with IPROUTE ... also patch the kernel to support DGD and now it's working fine with the valuable guide at LARTC website, Julian Anastasov, and the kind people in this mailing list. Now I would like to launch a web server and a ftp server to the public but I'm stuck into a problem and really need your help.

I had a very similar setup, and everything worked.

Currently internal users can access internet and loadbalancing feature is working well, but users in external network can't access my servers. Please someone help investigate my config and suggest me what is wrong or missing. Thank you very much.

I suggest you to run tcpdump on the firewalls interfaces to track the packets. This way you can nail the problem.

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.0.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE

I think the problem may be here.
You should use SNAT like me:
$IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $EXTERNAL_INTERFACE -j SNAT --to-source $EXTERNAL_IP_ADDR
$IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $EXTERNAL_INTERFACE2 -j SNAT --to-source $EXTERNAL_IP_ADDR2